Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dearest Frankincense--Does it hurt?

Does it hurt when they come? Does it hurt when they take your sap away and turn it into perfume?

They call it tears, but only you can tell me why you cry. Do you cry from the heat of the desert? Do you cry from the lack of rain? Do you cry because of the pain of the rocks around your roots?



You live in the harshest environment, but sometimes I envy you. I look out at my forest and wonder what it would be like to be a little less comfortable. No one cares to eat my sap and people hardly care to look at me. What am I but just another tree in the forest?

But you, you are a wonder. You are a sign of hope when the world has darkened. You bring light to the darkest places.

I love you,

The Birch Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment